GUT HEALING IMMUNE BOOSTING CHICKEN SOUP
- 2 cups homemade chicken broth (to make this, use leftover chicken bones. I bought a whole chicken, took the meat off to eat throughout the week, tossed it in the crockpot with salt, onion, celery and carrots, covered it in filtered water and let it simmer for a day – store bought stock is NOT the same and doesn’t have all the beneficial nutrients)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 tsp 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe’s
- dill to garnish
- *if you truly cannot make your own bone broth, this is the next best option
- Add everything except the chicken and dill to a pot.
- Turn to medium heat.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken and let it warm (you just don’t want it to dry out cooking more). If you’re using uncooked chicken, toss it in at the beginning
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with dill.